Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Bold Move

  I've been on a few dates since being home, but none were initiated quite like this one.

  Friday rolled around and I found myself sitting on a bench outside the Wilkinson Center. A girl came and sat down on the bench next to mine and I heard my thoughts say, "wow, she's really cute." I couldn't keep from looking at her and I knew it was a problem, so I decided I was going to do something about it. You only live a mortal life once, right? So about half an hour went by and I didn't act. I kept waiting for her to approach me (like that ever happens) and nothing came of it. Finally, as class was about to start, I decided it was now or never. Music influences our irrational decisions and I think I was listening to Muse, so I was pumped.

   I went up and introduced myself, nervous at the thought of what was to follow. She told me her name was Laura and I said something to the effect of "Well, I think you're really cute and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me some time." Warning signs started shooting off in my brain as she paused, smiling. I had to blurt out "I would never do this, but something told me to." She accepted and gave me her number, telling me she normally wouldn't say yes, which made me feel a little better and boosted my confidence back up a little bit.

  We went on a date Saturday night, which was a lot of fun. She came to my apartment to pick me up (lame, I know) and when I opened the door, I was surprised by how beautiful she was [with these situations, you never know if you're just feeling that way in the moment]. We went to the malt shop and then to Comedy Sportz (which was pretty hilarious). She seems really nice and interesting. From California, and has two older sisters. Parents are converts, which is really cool. Overall, it was a great date. There will be a second.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know who had more courage....you or Laura! She sounds like a lot of fun, and hopefully she now knows what a great guy you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you read that girls mind when you asked if she would like to go on a date with you. I bet that was what she wanted when she decided to sit on that bench next to yours! haha

    ReplyDelete