Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Climbing a Rock?

     Why do people feel the urge to climb things?
Especially in the case of climbing rocks and mountains, why do people do it?

I've decided to use this as a research project for my writing class this semester.

To give you my opinion, here are some pictures I took yesterday from a 600 foot climb my buddy and I did.


Simply beautiful.


You look cool.


And you're safe... for the most part. ;)



Those are a few of my reasons for climbing, but I'm interested to see what others' reasons for it are.




3 comments:

  1. I think people feel the need to climb things because it's about conquering something else (ie a huge mountain). Also, the view/perspective is different when you get to a higher elevation. It's a great challenge and feels good when you achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeddifer. I appreciate the feedback, it will help with the research. I agree with you. It's definitely a way to conquer something.

    ReplyDelete